For most homeowners, the state of the crawlspace under the home is an afterthought. However, a moist, filthy crawlspace is breeding ground for mold and bacteria, not to mention a haven for rodents and snakes. Ignoring your crawl space could pose a more serious threat to your health if there is radon gas. Waterproofing your crawlspace is an effective way to protect your home.
Crawlspace Vapor Barriers
Encapsulation is a method of protecting a crawlspace from moisture. In most cases, this is accomplished by installing a vapor barrier that is installed in the wall surface and the flooring of the crawlspace.
Waterproofing Your Crawlspace
At Michigan Basements, we excel in providing the best waterproofing and encapsulation solutions for your crawlspace. Benefits include:
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduced soil gases (such as radon) from entering your home
- Reduced energy costs
- Elimination of musty odors and moisture
- Protection of your home from dry rot
- Reduced allergens from mold and dust mites throughout the home
- Sealing out of unwanted bugs, spiders, rodents and termites
- No mess—usually one day installation
Ready to Protect Your Home
If you have any amount of standing water your crawlspace—even occasionally—you should seek immediate assistance. Our waterproofing process can be completed in as little as one day. All of our work is backed by a full warranty. We are bonded, ensured, and have an A+ rating with the BBB. We also offer financing with 0% interest.